It is the highest point of Udaipur’s City Palace: Baadi Mahal is built on top of the hill and had been likened, by 18th century travellers, to the fabled ‘Hanging Gardens’ of Babylon. The entire courtyard is graced with old trees and flowering shrubs, living up to its name of Baadi or gardens. The ornately carved columns and pillars of the courtyard add a distinct touch of majesty; today, HRH Group of Hotels offers exclusive dinners and banquets at Baadi Mahal, where once the Maharanas of Mewar entertained their guests, or performed special prayers at the kund or pond.
Over the years, musical soirees and art camps have been held at Baadi Mahal and the entire space has been utilised to seat guests in traditional indian style. Display areas have been created between the colonnaded bays of the Baadi Mahal: creating a unique environment, rich in heritage and yet so modern in its delightful offerings for 21st century guests.
Special dinners and musical soirees may be planned for small groups of up to 50 guests who prefer privacy and exclusivity. At Baadi Mahal, it’s the authenticity of the regal venue that triggers creative ideas for organising these special dinners.
- Venue hire charges
- Palace band, Sehnai nagada,
- Decorated horses,
- Welcome girls welcoming with rose petals, rose water, gajras & rose buds,
- Mashals & lamps at chandra chowk
- Non-alcoholic welcome drink
- Red carpet all along the pathway, flower rangoli
- Standard lighting & fairy lights
Food & Beverage
- Mineral water, soft beverages, snacks with lavish buffet
- Live instrumental music or
- Rajasthan folk dance
- Baadi Mahal: For musical soirees, art camps, special dinners for upto 50 guests
Shooting parties & exhibitions
Situated at the top of the city palace comple